UNITED STATES NAVY HOSPITAL SHIP USS SANCTUARY (AH-17) aka: "USS HEAVEN NUMBER SIX"
USS SANCTUARY UNREP FROM FLEET OILER USS GUADALUPE - 15 JULY 69 photos courtesy of Gary D. Waters
"FX BLUES" plays in the background; written by/courtesy of Charles Schwab and dedicated to all who served aboard
Battle Stars (11)
Precedence of awards is from top to bottom, left to right
Top Row - Navy Unit Commendation
Second Row - Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation - American Campaign Medal - Asiatic/Pacific Campaign Medal
Third Row - World War II Victory Medal - Navy Occupation Service Medal (with Asia clasp) - National Defense Service Medal
Fourth Row - Vietnam Service Medal (12) - Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross Unit Citation - Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal
FROM THE WEBMASTER . . .
- I have chronicled everything I know about SANCTUARY on this WEB site; please read on and search the content.
- This hobby WEB site will be updated whenever I receive remarkable new/amended Sanctuary history details or as time permits (I DO have a life with many interests and activities!)
- SEARCH HINTS:
- Open the SANCTUARY COMMS Board , where you can:
- search messages posted by former patients and shipmates since 1997,
- post your message to contact shipmates,
- search all Sanctuary WEB pages for a name, term or word.
TIP - Use keys Ctrl+F to search individual WEB pages for a name, term or word. Are you searching for Sanctuary medical treatment documentation to support a VA case/claim? Medical records documenting medical treatments which were administered aboard Sanctuary were not transfered to individual service member medical records, but they were retained on board until the ship's decommissioning. For individual service member medical records research, write:
National Personnel Records Center
MILITARY ORGANIZATIONAL RECORD SECTION
9700 Page Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63132
Attn: Pearlene Foster
Detailed History contributions are most welcome. If you have details/corrections to add to Sanctuary's continuing history, please send your data to WEBmaster Jack A. Faessler | Machinist's Mate Second Class | "M" Division | 1970-1971 --- by clicking the "COMMS Board", then "email the WEBmaster" tab on the navigation bar at the top of this page. If I have neglected to mention the source of a contribution, please let me know so that I may credit its source ASAP.
Thank you for visiting !
Jack A. Faessler
This page was updated Sunday, 5/12/13